abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Anzeigen  nur  | Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du: 
Beantwortet! Gehe zur Lösung.

API Errors - Login failed

Hi,

I have programmed a software that is using the API and everything is working. Now I want go the next step and reacting also to errors I get from the API, but I can't find any documentation about the feedback I get from the API when something goes wrong. e.g. Login failed, Token expired, Invalid installation id or wrong serial number, .....

Where I can find this documentation?

My second question is, if I send the wrong password for my login, my account is directly after the first try blocked for some minutes with the below message, is this a normal beaviour? I would understand it after multiple tries, but not after the first try. Is it possible to get over the API how long a user is blocked or is it somewhere documentet how long a user will be blocked?

Your account has been suspended due to repeated failed authentication.

Thanks

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Akzeptierte Lösungen

Hi @HubertMaier ,

In general for the authorization requests, if any input is invalid you would get an Error 400 "Bad request" with the response {"error":"invalid_request"}. For IoT related Error messages within the API request, you should find the Error messages in the API documentation. And for Events (e.g. errors) on the device itself, you can use the endpoint which @nerixs is describing.

The policy for wrong password inputs during login looks as following: You have 10 attempts for logging in. After then failed attempts, your account is suspended for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, you will be able to login again. Please note that after your account was suspended, you only get 1 login attempt before your account will be suspended again for 5 minutes. After your first successful login attempt, you will again have 10 attempts before the suspension of your account.

Best regards,

Michael

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 ANTWORTEN 3

Hi @HubertMaier ,

concerning the error messages, you can check the "Events" endpoint, which is documented here: https://developer.viessmann.com/en/doc/events-mw-iot/v1

Hi @HubertMaier ,

In general for the authorization requests, if any input is invalid you would get an Error 400 "Bad request" with the response {"error":"invalid_request"}. For IoT related Error messages within the API request, you should find the Error messages in the API documentation. And for Events (e.g. errors) on the device itself, you can use the endpoint which @nerixs is describing.

The policy for wrong password inputs during login looks as following: You have 10 attempts for logging in. After then failed attempts, your account is suspended for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, you will be able to login again. Please note that after your account was suspended, you only get 1 login attempt before your account will be suspended again for 5 minutes. After your first successful login attempt, you will again have 10 attempts before the suspension of your account.

Best regards,

Michael

Thanks, for your help

I will look into it.

Hubert

Top-Lösungsautoren